Swiffer Wetjet Warning

For those of you with animals… or small children.

I recently had a neighbor who had a 5 year old German shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago. They had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. the liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog was kept inside, and when he was outside, someone was with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.

My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated “may be harmful to small children and animals.”

He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (Actually he was told it’s a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze).

Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking it’s own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy it’s liver. A small child, crawling on their hands and knees could also be exposed.

Soon after his dog’s death, his housekeepers’ two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors.

Necropsies weren’t done on the cats, so they couldn’t file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible.

Even if you do not own a pet, please forward this on!

You may also like...

%d bloggers like this: