This game was used as a ritual to summon The Midnight Man to punish rule breakers in Pagan religions long ago. WARNING!: Play this game at your own risk of torture and death.
- You’ll need the following supplies to play: paper, pencil, needle, candle, a box of matches, a door and salt.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Light a candle
- Write your name on the paper, first, middle, and last
- Prick your finger with the needle and add a drop of blood on the paper, allow it to soak in
- Place the paper with your name on the floor in front of the door.
- Knock on the door 22 times with the ticking of the clock, the 22nd knock MUST occur at 12am.
- Open your door, blow out the candle, and close it. You have now summoned the "Midnight Man".
- Immediately relight your candle
This is when the game begins. Your goal is to avoid the midnight man at all costs. You may move through the house to avoid him. You can tell if he is near; your candle will go out, it will get chilly, you’ll hear a low whisper, and he will appear in front of you. You must relight the candle within 10 seconds. If not, throw down a circle of salt around yourself and stay inside the circle from 12:01am to 3:33am.
If you are still alive at 3:33am, you’ve won. If not, you’ll be tortured, sometimes to death, until 3:33am. Come back and let us know if you’ve won the game.
Christian Hatcher from Hindsville Arkansas